Weight loss surgery isn’t right for everyone. But is it right for you? Premier Metabolic and Bariatric Associates is a certified Center of Excellence. That means each patient must meet certain requirements to be considered for surgery. There are a few steps you need to take to find out if Bariatric surgery is right for you. We’ll be here for you at every step of your life-changing journey.
- Go to a seminar to learn more. Sign up here or call (866) 338-7546 (SLIM).
- If mobility is a challenge for you, there is an option to view a webinar that would fulfill the seminar requirement. A quiz is given at the end and passing with 93 percent is required to proceed.
- At the end of the seminar or webinar you will have an opportunity to schedule your consultation (first appointment) with the surgeon.
- Have your primary care doctor complete this form or send a letter or stating that you’d be a good candidate for surgical weight loss.
- Make an appointment for your nutrition evaluation by calling (937) 208-5300. Medicare will only cover this assessment if you have a co- morbid diagnosis of Diabetes; however all patients must have this evaluation.
- Make an appointment with a psychologist for an evaluation. (You’ll get a list of psychologists at the seminar.)
- Attend a support group meeting. Find dates and times or call (937) 208-4968, option two, for details about upcoming meetings.