Am I a Candidate?
Weight loss surgery is an important, life-changing decision. It requires a life-long commitment to following dietary, exercise and medical guidelines. Generally, those who meet the following requirements are considered good candidates for bariatric surgery:
- 100+ pounds overweight for men / 80+ pounds overweight for women
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or higher
- Serious, elevated-risk for disease or a life-threatening condition because of obesity; such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Obese for five years or more
- Multiple unsuccessful attempts at traditional weight loss efforts
- Between the ages the of 18 and 65
At Premier Metabolic and Bariatric Associates, we are committed to providing you with the information you need to make the best decision for your weight loss. We are happy to answer your questions; please call us at (937) 208-5300 or 1-866-338-SLIM (7546).